This fortnight our master chefs made delicious wholesome strawberry muffins recipe using our juicy strawberries from the garden. These muffins are super easy to make and are a healthy addition to the lunchbox.
We harvested lots of fresh beetroot which we turned into beetroot spaghetti. We used a special spiral slicer (also available from K-mart) and most of the kids enjoyed the novelty of eating the beetroot while it was fresh and crunchy.
Whole-wheat strawberry muffins recipe
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven 200oC
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Line a 12 tray muffin tin with cases.
- Portion batter equally into muffin cases.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until and golden.
Mandy Ward, Kitchen Garden Convenor