The Pastors (school chaplains) at Glasshouse Christian College are great role models for our students. You will find that our generous sized pastoral team and their availability to the students exceeds most schools.
College Pastors are:
- An integral part of everyday life at Glasshouse Christian College providing spiritual oversight, guidance and support to students and their families.
- Committed Christians who are in good standing and active in their local church.
- Passionate about seeing students and families discover God, grow in their faith, so they can live life abundantly as God intends them to.
- Respectful of all our students and families irrespective of their faith traditions.
- Safe people for students to share their life and faith journey with.
- People of genuine compassion who offer encouragement, a listening ear, care, support and guidance on social, emotional and spiritual issues.
- Proactive in preventing issues and reactive, responding to them.
- Trained in Theology and Ministry and experienced in youth and children’s ministry.
College Pastors exist to:
- Provide opportunities for students to explore their spiritual side through: chapels, groups, one on one conversations.
- Actively promote student well-being through: pastoral care, life skills groups, mentoring and visitation.
- Provide a safe place for students to navigate life challenges through: pastoral care, prayer, working with families and College staff, as well as referring to other support agencies where necessary.
- Build positive relationships through: camps, excursions, sports days and events.
- Make Glasshouse Christian College one of the most welcoming private schools on the Sunshine Coast for students.
Pastor Donna is married to Ross and has three children who are past students of Glasshouse Christian College. Her involvement with the College goes back to the days of praying for it when it was only a vision.
Donna’s passion for the College has seen her involved in many roles over the past 15 years, from making curtains, running tuckshops, serving on the school board, working as a Preschool Teacher’s Aide and taking students on Fiji Mission trips.
Ps Donna has seen and experienced many of God’s blessings at the College over the years and she is thrilled to be able to share His love with the children on a more personal level.
Pastor Joc is a Primary College Pastor at GCC. She has a Bachelor of Theology and has been involved in school and church ministry for ten years. She loves teaching kids about Jesus and has ministry experience in Australia, South Africa and Mexico.
Ps Joc recently had a beautiful baby girl. She is married to Ryan who is a Secondary teacher here at the College. Together they enjoy nature, travelling and being active.
She has a heart for social justice and helping kids see how they can be involved in helping the needs of others.
Pastor Josh focusses on our Primary students. He has a love for God and a love for people. Josh has a passion to see children come into a personal relationship with God and experience the love of Christ that sets them free!
Josh got married to Liliana in March 2019 and enjoys outdoor activities like surfing and camping, along with a deep love for worship and music.
Josh is a trained Physical and Outdoor Education Teacher and has studied the Bible through Scripture Union and Youth With a Mission.
Pastor Syd joined GCC at the start of 2020 to specialise in Middle and Senior School students.
In 2019, his family moved from the United States to Australia. His wife’s name is Terri and they have a six-year-old daughter, Harper who attends GCC and a baby boy, Miles.
Sydney has more than 13 years experience with college, youth and children in the church world.
He loves collecting vinyl records, cheering on the Phoenix Suns and surfing the beautiful waves here on the Sunshine Coast.
Pastor Isaiah is one of our Secondary School Pastors. He is also the Associate Pastor (Youth) at Glasshouse Country Baptist Church.
He has achieved a Bachelor of Ministry through Brisbane School of Theology and has been working at Glasshouse Christian College since the beginning of 2019.
Isaiah is married to Bree who is a former student and became a Christian at GCC. He has a passion for teaching the Bible and bringing the love of Jesus to teens.
Our school has a heart for missions, so each year a group of students from Senior School travel to the Pacific Island of Fiji for two weeks, and sometimes to other destinations, to do short-term missions.
In Fiji, the group stays at the Fiji Bible College in Lautoka and partner with them in gospel-focused outreach programs like kids clubs, youth groups, school concerts and religious education lessons.
Mission trips are a wonderful way to spread the good news of Jesus Christ to the people but also an incredible time of spiritual growth for the students themselves as they step out of their comfort zone and trust God to use them for His service.