Stage 11 of the new building project. As of late November:
- We selected the lights and light fittings today. All lights to be installed are LEDs with 90-95% efficiency, in keeping with the College’s current energy efficiency drive (there will be more initiatives relating to this occurring during the coming school holidays, so stay tuned).
- Cheryl and Gail have nearly finalised the process of choosing colours in consultation with our Architect.
- We have continued to refuse requests for installing a café with full-time Barista in the Prep Shed, but we are in the process of arranging water and drainage thereto, which is something at least.
- The installation of structural steel will commence next Monday 24 November and will run for two weeks until about Monday 8 December.
- The retaining walls have all been finished and the slab has been poured in sections.
- The project is currently on schedule, based on the initial programming.
- We went for a walk on the site and noted that the undercover area connected to and just South of the first classrooms is going to be humongous.
John Dohler, Business Manager