Last week the Year 3 classes enjoyed indoor fun with an excursion to the Beerwah Library and Community Hall and outdoor fun at Turner Park. The excursion was part of the Significant 72 Activities and was a fabulous way to connect, explore, read, relax, and play.
We are blessed to have a local library so close to the College and enjoyed a leisurely walk there together. On arrival, we were greeted by the friendly library team who spoke to each class and shared amazing library facts, details about borrowing, and the services they offer. Two highlights included the behind the scenes tour of the library workroom and the opportunity to read and play in the modern library spaces overlooking the lagoon.
Are you a member of your local library? If not, you can join via this link and return the form to the College Library or Beerwah Library teams. We can pass on the membership card to your child or you can collect it from the Beerwah Library. Consider setting aside a special time each week or fortnight to visit your local library to enjoy the wealth of collections, services, and events on offer and to foster a lifelong love of learning and reading along the way!
Sunshine Coast Libraries membership is free and anyone can join. Library membership provides:
- The perfect place to discover the joy of reading.
- Sofa Storytime and Rhymetime to enjoy together.
- Book Clubs to discover new authors, meet other book lovers, and share your passion for reading.
- Access to the latest books, movies, music and more.
- Access to the free eLibrary anywhere, anytime for eBooks, eMusic, eMovies, and more.
- Free WiFi at eight branches and two mobile library stops across the Sunshine Coast.
- Resources and databases to help you find quality and reliable information.
- Access to technology, toys, cool coding kits, and homework help.
- A range of in branch, online programs and self-paced tutorials to keep the whole family engaged.
Vanessa McKellar, Head of Library Services
For more great photos click HERE