Congratulations Graduates of 2013
Welcome to the College Leaders of 2014
Last week we farewelled the graduates of 2013. In their final assembly they handed over a gift to the College that is displayed in the Legacy Garden. Whilst the water fountain is a beautiful physical legacy, the true legacy they have left behind was summed up in the Student Leaders Charter that they passed on at our Awards Night.
The Student Leaders Charter is:
Jesus said “Let your light shine”. We, the graduating class of Glasshouse Christian College have sought to reveal this light and we have aspired to these standards:
- To work hard yet take time to be still.
- To live the truth while respecting differences in others.
- To follow what is right while remembering to stay close to those who stumble.
- To act justly but not condemn.
- To speak yet listen to others.
- To celebrate success without conceit.
- To take risks yet respect tradition.
- To act humbly and with integrity, serve God and follow Jesus, contributing where we can and becoming the best that we can.
We now pass on this light to you.
It will be exciting to see the Year 12s of 2014 live this charter next year.
National Young Leaders Day
On 8 November I was privileged to take the new College Captains to Brisbane to participate in the National Young Leaders Day. Guest speakers presenting included Wildlife and Conservation Advocate Bindi Irwin, Leadership Expert Avril Henry and Captain of the Australian Wheelchair Rugby Team Cameron Carr.
Each speaker brought their unique life experience to the platform as they shared insightful and encouraging sessions, instilling the message that despite circumstances, anyone can be a good
leader and make a difference in the world around them.
The National Young Leaders day event which takes place annually across Australia, had more than 6,500 students participating.
David Heyworth, Head of Senior School
Graduating Class of 2013 Clap Out and Graduation Ceremony: