Happenings in the Senior School
Awards Night – 5 November 2013
This year we are holding the Awards Night at the Caloundra Events Centre on 5 November starting at 6:30pm. Please put this date in your diary. We are combining the Middle School and the Senior School for this event and it is expected that all students attend this important celebration.
The Academic Awards themselves have changed this year as well. The basic set of awards for the Senior School is:
- Subject Awards: An award will be presented to the highest achiever in each subject in each year level.
- Encouragement Awards: Students recognised for their efforts throughout the year.
- GREAT Awards: Students who best exemplify the College values.
- The All Rounder Award: The student who demonstrates excellence in Academic, Sporting and /or Cultural Pursuits across 10, 11 and 12
- Long Tan Award: Awarded to the student who best demonstrates Leadership and Teamwork in Year 10 and 12
- Dux: Highest all round academic achiever.
There are also a few special awards that will also be presented on the night.
Please put this event in your diary and make it a special evening for all.
Next term we are rolling out a student and parent portal that will enable you to get access to individualised information about your child from our College database. This link, named iLearn, allows each child/parent to easily access their personal records including copies of past reports, individualised timetables, College calendars, Merit/Demerit listings, Absentee records etc. This is an exciting use of the technology upgrade the school is going through. More information will be sent out about this at the start of next term.
Finally, I wish you all have a wonderful and restful holiday. Term 4 is especially busy for Senior as we celebrate the graduation of our Year 12s and finalise academic submissions for the awarding of OP scores, and QCE’s. It is also a very short term. It is therefore important that our young people return to school enthused for the final term of work.
David Heyworth, Head of Senior School