Secondary Awards Night
- 6pm, Tuesday, 5 November at Events Centre, 20 Minchinton St, Caloundra
Our awards night will soon be happening, followed by Graduation ceremonies and the school formal. Please note that attendance by students at the Awards night is considered compulsory. Please mark this evening in your diary and plan to be there. It is a great evening and we want all students to be present to celebrate the night with us. Dress for students is full formal uniform.
Awards and how they are determined: In Senior, awards are given to the best performing student in each subject in each year level. We also award up to 5 diligence awards and 5 G.R.E.A.T. awards to each year level. Diligence awards recognise those students who have put in the greatest effort and strived hard in their academic studies and yet did not achieve an academic award. G.R.E.A.T. awards are given to up to 5 students in each Year lrvrl who most clearly demonstrate our G.R.E.A.T values of Godliness, Respect, Excellence, Attitude and Teachability.
There are some special awards that include:
- Recognition for those students who have achieved VET Certificates;
- Recognition for those who have completed university subjects;
- Leadership awards provided by the Australian Defence Force;
- The Year 11 Rotary All-Rounder award;
- The Emily Lord Award, presented to the student who demonstrates the highest level of commitment across all facets of the College including Academic, Sporting, Cultural and Service;
- Dux of Year 12, awarded to the student who has achieved the highest academically; and
- Principal’s award, presented to the student in Year 12 who is recognised by staff as most clearly displaying the GREAT values.
By far the most difficult award to determine is the Dux. This award is based on students’ placements on verification Levels of Achievement in each of their subjects at the end of Term 3. Each Level of Achievement is given a calibrated score and these are tallied. The student with the highest tally is awarded Dux.
Term 4 Week 1 – 3 Important Dates
- Week 1, Wednesday 8 October – Year 12 Community Service Day
- Week 2, Tuesday 14 October – Year 11 Rotary Driver Awareness Program
- Week 2, Tuesday 14 October – Year 12 Peer Power Day
- Week 3, Monday 20 October – Student Free Day – Verification
- Week 3, Wednesday 22 October – Sports Awards Night
2015 Important starting dates
- Thursday 22 January – Student Administration Day. This is an opportunity for students to come to school to pick up textbooks, IT devices, check class lists, organise lockers etc. After this day students should be ready to start work!
- Tuesday 27 January – First day of school for Year 10, 11 & 12
- Thursday 29 January – Year 12 Student Leaders Camp (overnight only)
Uniform expectations in 2015
- Blazers are compulsory for Senior Students in 2015.
- Formal hats are to be worn with formal uniform and sports hats with sport uniform.
- House shirts are required for all interhouse carnivals.
David Heyworth, Head of Senior School