Are you interested in providing board for a Student Teacher in 2014?
Do you have a spare room and enjoy the company of interesting people from other places in the world? Are you happy to help someone have an interesting and fulfilling experience?
There are two Opportunities
1. Student Teacher Exchange from Minnesota, America
a. When: 1 – 4 April and then 22 April – 2 May
b. Expectations: Their own room; access to wifi; provide meals; transport to around 3 events (there may be assistance with this if required)
c. Financial Compensation – yes, QUT provides around $200/week
2. French Student Teacher Exchange
a. When: Term 2, 2014 for one – two terms
b. Expectations: Provide own room and meals
c. Financial Compensation None provided – for love.
Note: would perhaps be ideal to have several families share/take turns
What do I need to know for the start of next year for my child in Middle School?
- Year 7s start on Tuesday 28 January
- Year 8s and 9s start on Wednesday 29 January
- There is a compulsory iPad rollout info meeting for all students NEW to receiving an iPad on Thursday 23 January, 6.30pm
- All other relevant information is on the booklist and attached letter that was sent home a few weeks ago.
- If you are keen to know which class your child is in next year, you can enquire at the front office during our opening hours. (Please email the Head of Middle School if you have any concerns.)
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all our Middle School parents and wider community members for your involvement and support of all our teachers and staff. You are the important ingredient that boosts your child’s success! I would like to encourage you this holidays: to inspire your child to read; limit your child’s screen exposure; and, help your child to organise some great ‘other’ activities. I pray that you have a safe, great and merry Christmas.
Jacqualina Vreeling, Head of Middle School