Welcome back students and families to Middle School at GCCC – especially to our new students this term.
We finished the end of last Term with a big bang on some fronts. From
- the Messy Games afternoon for all Middle School students,
- the Walk to Water fundraiser that our Year 8’s embarked on,
- the victorious Year 8 boys footie match against Pacific Lutheran College
- the GCCC Dance Troupe was awarded a Highly Commended in the Noosa Spring Dance Festival over the holidays.
- our Cheer Team were placed at a 2nd and a 3rd on two routines also competed at the Battle Cheer Competition on the Gold Coast earlier last term, and then at a later competition on the Sunshine Coast they received a 1st and 2nd placing.
This is the culminating term of all the hard work that has been put in all year as students have progressed through their subjects and other activities at GCCC. We will be celebrating this on Tuesday 5 November at the Caloundra Events Centre. All students are expected to attend with a parent or guardian. Year 9s will be acknowledged for completing Middle School and will be on stage for this. All students must wear their school uniform.
Our awardees on this night will be representative of those who have put into action our school’s GREAT values. This term we are focusing on Teachability. This is a life-long value; it’s about an attitude to listen, learn and apply. The bible warns us not to be ‘wise in our own eyes,’ but rather to be humble. For all of us – there is always something new to learn, a better or more efficient, wiser, less stressful… way to do things. And, don’t we all know – certainly for me – whenever I think I have it all worked out the ‘pride goes before a fall’ is usually the order for the day. I think this quote by coach John Wooden sums up for me the notion of teachabilty well.
‘It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.”
No games on iPads
This term we are expecting all students to remove games off their iPads. We will of course make exception to any educational games that are requested by teachers and are used in class work. Students who do not comply will have restrictions placed on their iPads for the whole of this term.
|MS Experience Morning||All year 6 students both GCCC and those coming in 2014||Info session beginning in Chapel|
|17 – 18 October12.00 midday – Friday 5.00pm||Year 9 Girls Retreat||All Year 9 girls||Higher Ground campsite, Mary Valley|
|23 OctoberThursday||Year 7 Survivor Day||All Year 7 students||Moffat Beach school hours|
|30 October||QUT Uni explore Day||All Year 9 students||Sun Coast Uni, school hours|
|5 November||MS/SS Awards Night||All MS and SS students||Caloundra Event’s Centre|