It’s all about RESPECT
I believe there are three aspects to respect: Respect Ourselves, Respect Others and, Expect Respect.
The bible says, Love one another as you love yourself.
This means you have to love yourself in order to be able to love others.
How do we RESPECT ourselves?
If you’re a student reading this – what are the top 10 things that you should do on a regular basis that would demonstrate that you respect yourselves/that demonstrate: ‘I care and take pride in myself?’
Here’s mine … but to be honest – they’re not ranked – I believe they’re all equally important.
1. Eat Breakfast
2. Make some plans for time to
b. Do homework …. Note there’s a difference between study and homework
c. Spend time with family and friends
d. Play and/or chill
e. Hang out with God
4. Stay clean – not just regular washes – but clean clothes, teeth, and hair – soap doesn’t cost much – take pride in your appearance. (and your room)
5. Respect your parents. (Honour them – they gave you life and continue to provide for you)
6. Get to bed on time – AND wake up at a good time.
7. Go outside for some time every day – scientists have proven that watching a sunset or sunrise increases your endorphins.
8. Have fun – laugh, enjoy the moments.
9. Pray to God – talk to Him – he’s your heavenly Dad.
10. Help do the household chores (pull your weight around the house) or surprise someone with a random act of kindness.
Some Important Dates to Remember
Monday 11 March Legacy Cup Clean up the School Day
Tuesday 12 March School Photos
Sunday 17 March Year 7 Canberra Camp leaves at 5.30pm
Monday 18 March Year 9 Emu Gully Camp
Monday 18 March Year 8 Alternate Activities Week
Jacqualina Vreeling, Head of Middle School