Prep – Year 6 students: 8am – 3:15pm
Year 7 – 12 students: 8am – 4pm
Secondary Homework Club
Teachers volunteer their time to assist with the Homework Club on a rostered basis.
Every Thursday (Year 7-12) From 3pm – 4pm
May is National Family Reading Month and we are encouraging students and families to take part in the following reading activities:
- Read More in May Competition – See http://www.scholastic.com.au/schools/bookclub/competitions/NFRM_2015.asp for more details and look out for the Reading Log on the Library Weebly.
- Share a Shelfie Competition
- Premier’s Reading Challenge (Prep -Year 6)
- Library and Information Week 25 – 28 May
- National Simultaneous Storytime Wednesday 27 May (Prep – Year 6)
- Primary Author Visit with Kim-Michelle Toft on Monday and Tuesday 15 & 16 June
PREMIER’S READING CHALLENGE (For Prep – Year 6 Students)
The PRC is about to commence at GCC again! The Challenge is an initiative for all Queensland students from Prep – Year 7 and this year we are going to encourage everyone to participate by completing the Challenge during school time. The Premier is challenging every student from Prep to Year 4 to read 20 books and Years 5 to 6 to read 15 books, between May and September 2015. Students who complete the Challenge will receive a signed certificate from the Premier. Over the last two years participants also received discounted theme park tickets. Keep an eye out for further details about the Challenge to follow shortly.
Make sure you read more in May!
Vanessa McKellar, HEAD OF LIBRARY SERVICES