The College recently held an information session for teachers, followed by a session for parents about the Learning Connections Program. Since 1976, Learning Connections has helped thousands of pre-school, primary and secondary school children with learning difficulties, attention disorders and behavioural problems, including:
- Listening or concentration problems
- Delays in reading, writing, spelling and maths
- Social difficulties
- Impulsivity, short attention span
- Delayed speech and language development
- Difficulty following directions
Learning Connections is a neuromotor program which uses a holistic approach by treating the underlying causes of children’s problems and not just the symptoms. The presenter, Maureen Hawke, explained factors that impact on child development and learning success and gave practical strategies that can be readily implemented with children at home and at school that lead to significant improvements in behaviour and academic performance.
Our primary school teachers and aides will be participating in a 2 day Learning Connections workshop during the July pupil free week. We are beginning to implement this program with primary support students and in the Year 1 classrooms this term.
If you would like to
- attend a free 90 minute Learning Connections Information session
- receive further information about the program by email or
- register your interest in attending a full 2 day Learning Connections workshop (cost yet to be decided)
please email email@example.com
More information is available at www.learningconnections.com.au