Congratulations to our Year 2G class for winning the Grand Champion ribbon and trophy for their goat’s milk ricotta in the cheese section at the Maleny Show. The judges were bowled over when they discovered that the Champion Cheese was made by such young competitors! 2G also won 1st place for their Olive and Orange Tapenade.
1st place awards were also awarded to 2W (Roast Beetroot Hummus), 1W (Traditional Hummus) and our Preppies (Raw Energy Sticky Date Slice.)
1G received a 2nd place for their delicious chocolate sauce and 1W obtained a 3rd for their salted butter. We are so proud of the classes and their achievements.
Many children asked for the winning slice recipe so here it is:
Raw Energy Sticky Date Slice
- 6 Weet Bix/Vita Brits
- 500 grams of pitted dates
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- ½ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- Soak dates in boiling water for 5 minutes then drain.
- In a food processor blitz Weet Bix.
- Add dates & blitz until broken down & sticky.
- Add remaining ingredients & blitz until combined.
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Add mixture to tin, spread evenly. Cover with another sheet of baking paper & roll lightly to flatten the mix and make smooth.
- Refrigerate until cold. Remove from tin & slice.
(Mixture can also be rolled into balls then placed in the fridge to set.)