This fortnight in Kitchen Garden our little green thumbs created a wonderful legume garden. They made tepee structures and bamboo climbing frames for the peas, beans and snow peas to climb up once they germinate.
Lots of herbs have been planted into the herb garden including basil, coriander, parsley and lemongrass which are flourishing in the humid weather. We harvested our radishes that were planted at the beginning of the term and we had a taste and decided that they were very spicy!
Master chefs made delicious vegetarian sausage rolls that were enjoyed by most.
Here is the recipe:
- 3 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 tin of lentils, rinsed & drained
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 TBS BBQ sauce
- 2 slices of whole-meal bread, blitzed into breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place all ingredients (except puff pastry) into a large mixing bowl & stir to combine.
- Cut each sheet of pastry in half. Divide mixture amongst pastry halves in a line down the center of each sheet.
- Roll pastry to enclose the filling. Cut into desired length and place seam down onto baking paper lined tray.
- Cook in
hotoven for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Serve with Greek
Mandy Ward, Kitchen Garden Convenor