Wow, Week 10 of first term is here already. We have done so much and had a lot of fun.
In Week 9 we had a lot of rain and we couldn’t get out into the garden, so we brought the Kitchen Garden to the classroom. Each student was given a clear plastic cup and some paper towel with a dwarf bean seed. We scrunched up the paper towel, wet it down and put the seed in the wet paper towel at the side of the cup so the children can watch the seed grow. Make sure you all keep it damp with water and when leaves appear plant it in the garden.
Mrs McClure made delicious lavender biscuits and everyone loved them. The recipe is below.
We wish you all a wonderful safe Easter holidays and we look forward to seeing you all in Term 2 for more fun in the garden.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 11/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp lavender leaves
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 160, Grease 2 lined baking sheets or line with silpats.
- In a blender, combine eggs, butter, sugar and lavender leaves. Blend on low until well combined and the lavender has broken up into small pieces.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir together until combined. Drop dough onto the greased baking sheets, 1 tbsp at a time.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks.
Debbie Goddard, Kitchen Garden Convenor
GCC families can see all the photos on Pixevety.