In Weeks 7 and 8, our Kitchen Garden chefs have been busy making fried rice with all our beautiful green vegetables from our garden. We have continued to talk about hygiene in the garden and it’s been fun doing some craft to remind us of how to keep our gardens healthy.
Come and have a look at our gallery wall in the Kitchen Garden of all the children’s work. In the garden, we have continued to harvest, weed and water, and with spring now here everything is flowering and all the bees are loving it.
4 cups cooked rice
2 tbs oil
2 garlic cloves crushed
1cm of ginger grated
1 red capsicum
3 eggs (optional)
2 tsp GF soy sauce
- Heat oil in frying pan and add garlic, ginger, and julienned carrots and cook for 3 minutes.
- Julienne capsicum and chop up greens.
- Then add chopped red capsicum, bok choy, cabbage, and spinach stirring while cooking for 3 minutes.
- Move the vegetables to one side in the pan and then add the eggs. Once the eggs are cooked, cut them up and stir them through the vegetables.
- Add the cooked rice and stir through with the soy sauce.
- Serve and put chopped shallots on top. Enjoy.
Debbie Goddard, Kitchen Garden Coordinator