Welcome back to another amazing year for Instrumental Music. The Performing Arts space at Glasshouse Christian College is growing at lightning speed and we are so happy to share this experience with our students and the community. If you are still wondering if your child should be learning a musical instrument, here are some benefits students receive:
- Learning music is a full brain workout
- The brain learns to work faster
- Playing music makes fireworks go off in your brain
- The brain uses less energy to learn new things
- Learning music keeps the brain strong and healthy
- The brain is learning how to connect ideas
- Learning music is amping up their brains.
(Collins, A. 2019, Bigger, Better, Brains)
We are blessed to start the year running with our amazing instrumental teachers who are continuing lessons in the following instruments:
Please follow the link below to complete the 2020 Enrolment Form. If your child is continuing with lessons from last year, you are required to re-enrol your child/ren in lessons.
We have a number of Ensembles your child can participate in. It doesn’t cost anything to be part of these groups; however, as a commitment to these ensembles, we expect all performing students to purchase the music uniform through the Uniform Shop. Please see the following helpful links regarding music ensembles to join and the music uniform required for performances.
If you have any further questions regarding Instrumental Music at GCC please do not hesitate to contact Miss Hilton at firstname.lastname@example.org