Things to watch out for in coming weeks!
Term 3 is rushing past and is very busy in Future Pathways especially for our students in Year 10 and Year 12. Here are some things to watch out for.
Aviation Australia Careers Expo
- To be held at the Brisbane International Airport
- Saturday 24 August 10 am – 4pm
- Go to http://www.aviationaustralia.aero/expo/ for all the information about this event
Headstart Program Information Evening
- Information about Headstart at USC in 2014
- Wednesday 4 Septembeer
- 6 – 7.30pm in Lecture Theatre 7, Building C, University of the Sunshine Coast
- Go to http://www.usc.edu.au/study/courses-and-programs/headstart-program-year-11-and-12-students for more information
Aviation Industry Careers Information Day on the Sunshine Coast
- Making the Connection – Aviation
- Sponsored by Sunshine Coast Regional Council
- At the Airport Precinct
- Tuesday 10 September
- Students who are interested in going along please contact Mrs Ferris.
Parent Info Evening – QUT Caboolture
- On Tuesday 11 September 6 – 7.30pm QUT will be hosting a Parent Information Evening for parents of current senior high-school students. The event will focus on general information to assist parents in helping and guiding their son or daughter as they make decisions about their post-school options.
Closing Dates for Applications.
- Year 12s need to get their QTAC applications in by 27 September and preferably earlier than that to ensure electronic payments go through successfully and the application is safely received as difficulties can happen with the QTAC site close to the final closing date.
- Year 12s and parents seeking advice about QTAC applications can make an appointment to see Mr Paul Nash, visiting Guidance Officer, on Mondays or Wednesdays for the rest of this term. Please call the office or speak to Mr Nash for an appointment
- Year 10s wishing to study BNIT TAFE courses next year in Year 11 please attend the Information Session at TAFE and then give your application to Mrs Ferris by 13/9/13 for processing and forwarding on to TAFE.
- Students wishing to attend the Trade Training Centre in Caloundra next year the Information Evening is on September 4 and applications also due this term. Please give to Mrs Ferris by 13/9/13 for processing and forwarding on to the Trade Training Centre.
- Skills Tech at Brackenridge has their new program out now for 2014 and students need to let Mrs Ferris know soon if they wish to nominate for a course there.
- Headstart applications for next year close in October. Students will need to check the course timetable on the USC site over the school holidays and complete an application form to give to Mrs Ferris early in Term 4.
Early Achievers Program at Australian Catholic University for Year 12 students
ACU recognises that students have more to offer than their academic results. The ACU Early Achievers’ Program (EAP) considers the contribution students have made to their community through school or workplace, local community organisation, culture, sport and/or a religious group. The Early Achievers’ Program is NOW OPEN with applications closing on the 21st October. Students can register online at www.acu.edu.au/eap.
Students are encouraged to apply for this program if they meet the eligibility criteria. One of the biggest benefits of the program is that successful applicants receive an offer well ahead of the usual tertiary admissions announcements.
Congratulations to Andrea Little in Year 10. Andy recently competed in the Sunshine Coast Eisteddfod and won Bronze Medals in her age group for Woodwind (Flute) and also in the Brass and Woodwind Championship. Well done Andy!