Future Options Expo
Future Pathways held a very successful Career Expo Exhibitors/Information Evening for our Senior School students on Wednesday. We had a record number of exhibitors and many thanks to those involved, in particular Mel Parker, Administration Officer for the Future Pathways Department, Tim and Mark in setting up the rooms for the exhibitors, and Mr Heyworth and Mr Steffler for their presentations to Year 10 students.
Congratulations to TAFE Students
A number of students have recently successfully completed their TAFE certificates. Congratulations go to the following students who have completed TAFE qualifications:
• Brianna Williams, and Aisha Smith, who both completed a Cert III in Tourism and a Cert III in Events
• Arnya McMinn, Kirsten Tregea, Megan James, Cert III in Media
• Patrick Randell, a Certificate III in Media from Lightmare Studios.
• 9 August – Central Queensland University, Noosa – OPEN DAY – 10.00am to 4.00pm
• 10 August- University of the Sunshine Coast – OPEN DAY – Sunday 11:00am to 2:00pm Sippy Downs campus
• 17 August – QUT Caboolture Campus OPEN DAY
• 23 August – Christian Heritage College OPEN DAY – 10.00am to 2:00pm
• 27 August -Sunshine Coast Trade Training Centre – 6:30pm, Information Night for those interested in enrolling for 2015.
• 30 August- Adult Tertiary Entry Expo (ATEE) at Brisbane Convention Centre. Entry is free.
• 25 to 31 August – National Skills Week – Although National Skills Week is later in August, there are numerous VET events that take place earlier in the month.
Application Forms for the Sunshine Coast Trade Training Centre and Headstart programs 2015 are currently available from the Future Pathways Office.
A number of Headstart Scholarships are available to domestic Headstart students i.e. Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens, Australian permanent residents and Permanent Humanitarian visa holders.
Headstart Scholarships assist students from low-income families, or students who identify with other recognised equity groups, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, or students with a disability.
These scholarships are for one semester of study, and cover the $400 Headstart course tuition fee.
QTAC Applications and Information
Year12 students should regularly check the QTAC website, www.qtac.edu.au, as some courses are withdrawn and new ones added, since the book was published.
Appointments can be made directly with Mr Nash or through Mrs Parker. Closing date for QTAC Applications is 30 September 2014, 4.30pm.
Year 9 – Work Experience in 2015 Information Evening
On Thursday 9 October the current Year 9s and their parents will be required to attend a Work Experience Information Night. It will be coordinated by Lea Shea and Ashton Kelly from ‘Sustainable Partnerships’, in contrast to previous years, where the school has organised work experience placements.
Sustainable Partnerships have been involved with Structured Workplace Learning (SWL) on the Sunshine Coast, successfully for many years. I have had the privilege of working successfully with Sustainable Partnerships in the past. They will be organising the student work placements for 2015.
School staff will still be visiting students at their work sites and I will still be responsible for the school-based preparation of the Year10 students in 2015 .
ACCLAIM has a new venue:
Acclaim has moved they are now located at 100 Sportsmans Pde, Bokarina 4575 Ph 1300 222 5240, PO Box 631 Buddina QLD 4575
Often it is good to take a look at a job from the perspective of someone else currently in the job, to clarify written job descriptions.
Check out occupational videos at:-
Mr Paul Nash, Future Pathways Coordinator