Our 72 Year 10 students spent the first week of Term 2 engaged in Work Experience as far south as Brisbane west and as far north as Yandina. The initial feedback from employers and the teacher visits has been very positive.
There will be a compulsory information evening for Year 10 students and their parents on Wednesday 13 May at 6.30 – 7.30pm in the Theatre. Feedback from the employers will be given by Sustainable Partnerships and information will also be given on the SET PLANNING process by the Head of Senior, Mr David Heyworth and the Dean of Studies, Mr Rob Steffler.
Focus:- Flight Option
Private Pilot Licence Information Evening
When: Tuesday 13 May 2014, 6pm – 8pm
Where: Flight Options Flight Training Centre, Sunshine Coast Airport, Mudjimba QLD 4564
Flight Option Is hosting a FREE information evening at Flight Options Flight Training Centre focusing on what is required to obtain a Private Pilot Licence (PPL). Places are limited to 15 per session, please contact Flight Options to book your spot:
Discussion topics will include:
- What do I need to do to obtain a PPL?
- What training will I need to complete?
- What theory will I need to complete?
- How long will it take to get a Private Pilot Licence and can I complete my training around my work commitments?
- How much will it cost?
- Are there any eligibility requirements?
QUT Parent Information Sessions
These sessions will be held at QUT Gardens Point Wednesday 6 May 2015 6pm-7.30pm and QUT Caboolture, Wednesday 20 May 2015, 6pm-7.30pm. The sessions will cover:-
- making course and career decisions
- gaining entry to university
- life as a university student
- transition to university and support for students
- study costs and financial support
- resources for parents and students.
1 May Health Heroes. This is open to Year 10-12 students interested in pursuing careers in health and allied health areas.
7 May David Hails will be in attendance to talk at the Senior Assembly about Careers in the Defence Forces.
13 May 6.30pm -7.30pm Year 10 Information Night, Preparation for SET PLANS.