GCCC is offering a cultural trip to France in 2014 for interested students in Secondary (Yr 8 – 12) who are undertaking studies in French, the Arts and Humanities. This is an opportunity of a lifetime to experience the culture and history first hand and practice French in real life.
The quote we have received is for 12 days, 8 of which will most probably be spent in Paris. A minimum of 3 GCCC staff members will be accompanying this trip. Depending on the subject background being studied by students, the itinerary will accommodate particular subject interests accordingly. There will be opportunity at times also for students to select different options on particular days that will suit their interests and subjects.
Dates 19– 29 September 2014 (This is the first week of the 3rd Term break.)
Information Evening Thursday 6 February 5.00pm in GCCC Library
Cost, Itinerary and Additional costs Information $4250.00 Please note this cost is based on currency exchange of final costs as rates can change and itinerary options that may be added in.
Tour Cost Includes:
- Return economy airfare with a reputable company but will involve the full price to be paid up front. (Hence the large deposit)
- Prepaid airport/airline taxes and levies
- Return airport transfers in Paris
- 10 x nights hostel accommodation at FIAP or similar, Paris with breakfast & dinner
- Entrance to museums and other sites as a part of the trip
- Return train sector fares (2)
- Paris Visite card (zones 1-3)
- All main meals
- Coach transfer: FIAP – train station – FIAP
Additional Personal Expenses:
• Passport/Visa costs
• Personal Expenses
BOOKING YOUR TRIP
In order to secure a reservation
- An expression of interest form must be completed by Monday 10 February 2014
- A non-refundable deposit of $2,500.00 per passenger is required by Wednesday 12 February 2014
- The difference – of roughly $1750.00 (costs to be finalised once itinerary and numbers have been confirmed) must be paid by Wednesday 22 July 2014.
Jacqualina Vreeling, Head of Middle School