The Bible says, “There is a time for everything” (Ecclesiastes 3:1), and the start of the new year tends to be a time for fresh starts. God’s Word is a great place to begin when you’re thinking about starting over and moving forward. Here are some verses to help you kick-start your new year.
1. “One thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:13–14 NIV).
Your failures don’t define you. Leave the past in the past and keep moving toward the purpose God has in store for you.
3. “Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom” (Psalm 90:12 NIV).
Time is a limited resource. We all get the same 365 days in 2019 so make them count and invest in things that really matter.
4. “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness” (Lamentations 3:22–23 NIV).
Every day you wake up is a day you get to experience God’s grace and faithfulness. Make sure you appreciate the great life you have , focus on the positives not the negatives.
5. “And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God” (Micah 6:8 NIV).
Treat other people the way you want to be treated, be honest and live with integrity and you will find that people respond to you more positively too!
6. “May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer” (Psalm 19:14 NIV).
Want to avoid regrets this year? Let God serve as the filter for everything you say and everything you think.
7. “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you” (Ephesians 4:32 NIV).
Don’t carry grudges or bitterness. Nobody wins, especially you! Remember, how much forgiveness has God shown me in Christ?
The Bible has plenty to say about all kinds of things you’ll face over the next 12 months. I’d encourage you to open your bible, check out a reading plan to work through it and dig deep into God’s Word every day of the year. You’ll be amazed at what a difference the guidance of God’s word will make in your life!
Blessings from all the Pastors – praying you all experience a great year in 2019.